2012-02-03

HK: Inspired door bumper

Sometimes a really small simple dumb device can really get my attention when it does something right.  In this case, it's a door-bumper.  I saw a kind in HK that not only softens the blow of a door opening but can also hold it in place.  The modification is that the wall bumper also has a rubber hole that you can push the door bumper into to hold it in place.

The closest I've seen at Home Depot are the magnetic door holder, but then it's not really a bumper anymore.

When I see things like this, I think that not only should this other variety be more available but that all (or most) of the ones that I do see should just stop being made and sold to begin with.  Would probably reduce the need for those door stop triangles which in my experience never really hold the door open, only sometimes prevent the door from closing.

No comments: