2011-03-30

Charging for convenience... screw that!

Got a parking ticket in Berkeley.  They were on the hunt, I was < 10 minutes from expiry of the meter.  Those bastards.  Ok, this time I'll suck it up and pay it cuz I go there often enough and maybe more in the coming year.

So there's an option to pay the ticket online.  When I get there and enter the information I get this (redacted):

Pay Citation License Plate Issue Date Amount Due
XXXXXXX YYYYYY 03/26/11 $$.$$
Convenience Fee: $2.00
Total of all unpaid Citations: $45.00
Notice the "Convenience Fee" of an extra $2.00.... TO PAY ONLINE.

Un-Fucking-Believable.

Me paying online means they don't need someone to sit there and open the GOTTDAM envelope, enter the freaking information, send the check to the bank or scan it or whatever.  And they want ME to pay THEM for the "convenience"?  I should fucking charge THEM for the convenience of not having to deal with a couple more pieces of paper and handling it in a stinking automated way that requires no human intervention.

Screw that, deal with the check.

1 comment:

HotFudge said...

Yeah, convenience for whom?! Certainly not you!